to believe or not to believe......that is the question

I had another one of "those days" at work today.  It wasn't a bad day, but it was an eye opener.  I already know I'm tired of the type of work I do, but the problem is I'm too afraid to make that giant leap to do something totally different.  I live in fear that my business endeavor isn't going to go anywhere.  I do understand that it takes a lot of time and I need to build up a clientele, but I'm impatient I suppose.  I figure, it's been a year I should be somewhat further along than I am.  Perhaps if I look at what I have done...it'll make me not so aware of what I haven't...

a.  I have an informational website and a link to a web store with product
b.  I actually have product to sell and more to be made
c.  I've actually sold a few things
d.  I have a few friends who enjoy what I make
e.  It is a legal entity....I have a federal ID number

I'm going to start including samples with outgoing sales, and hopefully once everything calms down I can hit the jockey lot and set up and make some sales and build a clientele.  The weather is getting better and better and I know folks are out there. 

It's difficult, scary, exciting, and somewhat nerve wracking.  I want to succeed so desperately that I'm afraid I'm going to sabotage myself.  I think though, I have friends enough to keep that from happening...even if they aren't patrons they are great cheerleaders. 

Thank heaven for the internet, open air flea markets and hippies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do we fit?

Perspective

The Day I Became a Cajun Lady