New Beginnings

Ok. So I have this theory that next year is going to be my year.  It's got to be.  I mentioned in a prior blog that I'm not exactly on board with the Mayan prophesy slated for December.  I do believe the world, as we know it, is going to change....but it's not going to end exactly.  All you gotta do is read all the headlines and listen to what Mother Earth is telling you.  That being said, on to 2013. 



The word Triskaidekaphobia means fear of the number 13.  I do not have this.  I embrace that number and all it's bad reputation.  I was born on the 13th of the month and I have had several Friday the 13th birthdays over the years.  They are typically pretty good ones.  Some version of the number usually shows itself to me, and I will almost always use it when choosing lotto numbers.  I am not good with  mathematics, but I do believe that numbers and numerology are sacred and all around us.  The number 3 and it's variables are sacred, as is the number 7.  It takes two 3's and one 7 to create the number 13.  It is a Fibonacci number and one of only 3 Wilson primes, among other fun mathematical facts.  Because my birthday next year will be 6-13-2013, I'm a bit excited.  I will be 36.  Lots of 3's, and dual 13's.  I'm looking forward to what it will bring me, what I will accomplish and overcome.   

The Eye of Horus
 

This year hasn't been a bad one per se, but it's been a very stressful one.  It has gone by very very fast and thrown some things at me and my little family that I haven't had to deal with in years, or in some cases, at all.  This winter marks 3 years since my relationship changed and my fella and I started our path.  We've hit that 3 year hill.  You know the one, that moment when polite falls away, true colours come out and you find out exactly who you have in front of you.  There have been good days, bad days, interesting days and fun days.  All in all, nothing neither one of us couldn't handle but it's been a challenge.  I have also been trying to change my fate as far as my career is concerned.       

I am hoping that next year begins a new path, a much deserved and well earned position in which I can settle in for a few more years and finally look at coming home to pursue my own endeavors.  I found my feet and embraced the "Rosie the Riveter"-esque way about myself this year.  I enjoyed it as long as I could.  It's time to roll the sleeves back down, shake out the hair and start using my brain rather than abusing my body.  Duelling cases of bursitis, osteoarthritis and sciatica have taken their toll on my physical person and my personal mindset.  I'm walking into 2013 with some new goals, reachable goals, ones that will see me behind a desk more than on a shop floor. 

My daughter will also turn 13 next year.  Teenage.  Wow.  That alone is enough to make a parent sit back and kind of freak out.  I've taken being a mom fairly well so far (I'd like to think), but this is a turning point for both baby and mama.  I'm going to have a teenager.  Lemme do that again: I'm going to have a teenager.  Processing that idea is powerful for me.  I never thought I'd be a parent, much less make it this far unsupervised. 

So as you can see, next year IS going to be MY year.  It has to be.  I am willing to take the steps, do the work it takes to shape this phase of my life. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective

Finding Catharsis

Past lives